.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

May 4, 2008

Meet the Mangosteen

A representative from Frieda's, a California specialty produce dealer, sent me this link to a recent New York Times video article on mangosteens (actually sort of on imported produce in general). It features ethnobotanist Nat Bletter, who might even be a bigger fruit dork than I am. (And Nat, if you read this, I mean that in the nicest way. Honest.) I have to admit, my first reaction when I heard the idea of a "life list" of fruit was to immediately pop open Word and get to work putting mine together. (For the record, it's now moved over into Excel, where I can sort it more easily, though it's very much a work in progress...).

Although I ignore a lot of the messages I get here "informing" me of products I might like to mention on the blog, Frieda's has an interesting enough website that's worth checking out just to poke around, even if you don't buy anything. And, as expensive as they are, I have to admit I'm tempted by the mangosteens. So I'll give them a little free press. (Though for future reference, Ms. Kelly, I do generally respond very well to freebies. We have a very flexible definition of journalistic integrity around here).

My previous post on mangosteens is here, though I noticed that I had tagged it "magonsteens", so it might have been difficult to find. It features a photo by my friend David Karp, whose photos are featured in the NY Times pieces above, and who is comfortably in the same class of fruit dork as Nat and I.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 2/28/2009 12:41:00 AM, Blogger Blogger Guy said...

You should really see what we have done with fruit: www.portlandfruitarrangements.com.

 
At 7/13/2009 01:59:00 AM, Anonymous Elmar Sandyck said...

The Mangosteen fruit has been one of the most taken for granted fruits of before. These days, more and more people get to realize its wonderful health benefits claiming the title of wonder fruit. Revolutionizing our taste for exotic fruits, Mangosteen juice has become a very effective way of living a very healthy lifestyle.

 
At 10/21/2014 10:14:00 PM, Blogger Lady Dee said...

very interesting. i recommend markizza mangosteen juice that i found on www.delifreshusa.com, it comes with grape and lemon. the taste is just perfect!

 
At 11/04/2017 12:18:00 PM, Blogger furnitureswrry said...

شركة لشراء الاثاث المستعمل بالرياض
شركة شراء الاثاث المستعمل الرياض
شركات شراء الاثاث المستعمل الرياض
شركة شراء اثاث مستعمل بالرياض الرياض

 
At 8/03/2021 12:32:00 AM, Blogger yanmaneee said...

bape hoodie
yeezy
lebron shoes
kobe shoes
curry 7 sour patch
golden goose sneakers
curry shoes
kd 12
moncler
supreme hoodie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home