.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

May 8, 2006

Hormel Apples?

Hormel (yes, the SPAM folks) of all people actually have a remarkably extensive site on apple cultivars as well as information on how to cook them. They have other fruit pages as well, though they hardly compare to the apple one.

Makes me really want to bake an apple pie. Really. Like I nearly packed up the infant, drove the van across town to the grocery store, bought the necessary ingredients (including apples...I think we have one elderly 'Gala' in the fridge at the moment), came back, and started cooking, at 2:30 in the morning. Nearly. Perhaps tomorrow night.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5/21/2006 06:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You buy fruit from grocery stores?

This is a very hard concept for me to understand...

 
At 5/21/2006 09:11:00 PM, Blogger Evil Fruit Lord said...

My small suburban lot is not conducive to producing large amounts of tree fruit (I do have 40+ strawberry genotypes and 10 blackberry cultivars). I find that apples at the local farmers market tend towards awful, so apples necessarily come from the grocery store.

Honestly, even if I had the space, Florida is not really a great place for apples.

Hopefully this will not be the situation indefinitely...I'm just here to finish up the Ph.D...as soon as I get a job, we're buying a farm.

 
At 7/18/2009 01:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting bake the apple pie they are really sweet.

suman
free satellite tv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home