.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

December 18, 2005

The Source For All Things Avocado

Here's an interesting site for avocado information: Avocadosource.com.

It's really an impressive information clearinghouse for those serious about avocado growing or avocado research, funded by the Hofshi Foundation, which is apparently a non-profit organization dedicated to the dissemination of avocado knowledge (seems like so many non-profits doing that these days...). I was absolutely blown away by the number of avocado journal articles they have online as PDFs, including virtually everything ever published by the ASHS journals. (I kind of wonder if it's legal for them to do so, but I suppose that's not my problem...). They've even got an impressive library of slides, which would be wonderful if any one had to do an avocado seminar (I don't, but I'm sure some one does.) Add to that an impressive page of links, a discussion forum (which can even be translated, sort of anyway, into a variety of languages), world avocado data, and a list of coming events. It claims to be available in Spanish, but it seems like just the main menu gets translated.

I really wish somebody would put together a site like this for strawberries, as it would significantly reduce the number of library runs I have to do these days. But until then I guess avocados will have to do. I'm going to throw the link in the sidebar for the perpetual enjoyment of my readers.

By the way, at some point recently the Fruit Blog passed 5,000 hits. Thanks to everyone who's stopped by so far...hope you've enjoyed it and keep coming back! Let me know if there's anything I could do to improve the experience.

Update: In my grand tradition of updating my posts mere minutes after posting them, I just thought I'd throw in a link to the California Avocado Society, which has a very nice links page as well.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 10/25/2015 11:38:00 PM, Blogger Bella Tran said...

This article is really fantastic and thanks for sharing the valuable post.
descargar mobogenie gratis | baixar facebook gratis | mobogenie baixar | facebook descargar | facebook descargar gratis | mobogenie descargar | whatsapp descargar gratis and gratis whatsapp |
descargar mobogenie | facebook

 
At 7/09/2017 02:47:00 AM, Anonymous Check Cashing San-diego said...

A borrower should crosscheck and look at the financing costs between different banks and consult for bring down rates of enthusiasm before tolerating the advance offer straight away.

 
At 7/09/2017 01:18:00 PM, Anonymous Cash Advance said...

An immediate moneylender will deal with your credit through and through including subsidizing. The data you submit for coordinate moneylender payday advances won't be sold or given to other outsider loaning organizations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home