.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

February 2, 2009

You think this blog is overly specialized?

Over and over again, outside of work, when I tell people about this site, their reaction is frequently: How on earth do you find enough to write about? At which point I could point out that I have on occasion gone months without posting anything, but the problem there is more one of being busy (sometimes) or lazy (more often) and not a lack of material. As any one who has actually had a conversation with me about fruits can attest, I never run out of material.

Still, it gives me a little secret pleasure every time I find a fruit blog more specialized than mine, especially when said blog is extensive and well-written. Granted that almost never happens. But here's one case where it actually did:

Adam's Apples

Adam writes exclusively about apples. In fact, he writes almost exclusively about apple cultivars, which he tastes, photographs, and describes with surprising regularity (several times a week, pretty much continuously since July). I've been meaning to post the link for ages but I don't think I have. Of course, I never remember what I've posted if I don't post it immediately after finding it, so for all I know I just post the same three links over and over around here. This one merits a link over on the side, as well.

Update: I've been digging through the archives at Adam's Apples, and came across this episode, which amused me:

The Adventure of the Scarlet Blush
Mystery Managed (The non-Holmesian conclusion)
Scarlet Blush, Conclusion (the more appropriate conclusion)

Now I'm thinking I need more fictional detectives around here.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 2/02/2009 02:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I don't think your blog is overly specialized. As a matter of fact the reason I added you to my feed reader and to "Google for Gardeners" is because you are are focused on one specific aspect of "gardening."

If it was just another garden blog I probably wouldn't have been as interested as I am. I'd love to see more specialized blogs that aren't retail based, myself.

 
At 2/03/2009 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Adam said...

You think my Apples are narrowly focused? A few clicks back you review a blog devoted exclusively to Durians. (Which from what I've heard are sufficient to put the "evil" in "Evil Fruit Lord.") Now there's an idee fixe.

Nice place you've got here, melord. An amateur like me enjoys listening in on this stuff. And I'm pleased you enjoyed Watson's little story--I enjoyed writing it.

 
At 2/04/2009 01:07:00 AM, Blogger Evil Fruit Lord said...

Yes, but the Durian people are all insane, so they don't really count.

And thanks, to both of you... I'm glad you enjoy the site. (I'm just impressed anybody wanted to read my prattlings-on about fruit).

 
At 1/13/2012 01:17:00 PM, Anonymous eating more fruits said...

No I think your blog is perfect. Has a lot of great article related to fruits. I love it keep up the good work!

 
At 3/12/2016 10:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

icc t20 world cup
icc t20 world cup 2016
icc t20 world cup 2016 live
icc t20 world cup 2016 live streaming
icc t20 world cup live
t20 world cup 2016
t20 world cup
t20 world cup 2016 live
t20 world cup 2016 live streaming
t20 world cup live



icc t20 world cup
icc t20 world cup 2016
icc t20 world cup 2016 live
icc t20 world cup 2016 live streaming
icc t20 world cup live
t20 world cup 2016
t20 world cup
t20 world cup 2016 live
t20 world cup 2016 live streaming
t20 world cup live



IPL t20
IPL t20 2016
IPL t20 2016 live
IPL t20 2016 Live Streaming
IPL Live Streaming
IPL Live
IPL t20 2016 Streaming
IPL t20 live Streaming
IPL t20 live

Smart Phones India
Hindi Bollywood Lyrics
Rail PNR Status

 

Post a Comment

<< Home