.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

February 24, 2009

Korean fruits?

I'm off to South Korea on Friday, for nine days, and would welcome any recommendations on Korean fruit I ought to try while I'm there. I know February/March is not prime fruit season most places in the Northern Hemisphere, but I'll try what I can. I've got a local guide, but he's not as fruit-centric as some people (such as me), so I don't want to miss something.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 2/24/2009 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Brandon Hurr said...

It's not the right time of year, but Asian pears are magnificent over there (or so I'm told). If I remember I'll be sure and ask Huber if he has any fruits your should look out for.

 
At 2/26/2009 12:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi EFL,
I suggest that you try Bokbunja, a fruit wine made from Rubus coreanus, a black raspberry native to East Asia. This beverage is said to counteract apoplexy, demantia, and especially impotence.
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=200011387
http://www.actahort.org/books/777/777_18.htm
http://internationalboutiquewines.com/wines/bokbunja/bokbunja.htm
The chief fresh fruit produced in Korea at this time is citrus, of course.

 
At 4/30/2009 03:00:00 AM, Blogger Andrew said...

I'm a few months late, but korean melons and korean pears are popular. don't forget the korean radish for veggies. radish kimchi. just found your blog doing some research on stern's medlar. I like it.

 
At 5/20/2009 02:20:00 AM, Anonymous Korean Fruits said...

Great blog but u should include some thing more in this post.Korean Fruits are very delicious and popular worldwide.

 
At 7/20/2010 07:54:00 AM, Anonymous V. Igra said...

don't forget the korean radish for veggies. radish kimchi. just found your blog doing some research on stern's medlar. I like it.

 
At 9/04/2010 04:08:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think the obesity is very danger for everybody, is like a pump that can explot any time. So is necesary to take care exercising and taking good and healthy food and stop eating junk food.If you eat more vegetables or fruits will see a big difference in our life. The life is too short, so we need to take care of us every single day for enjoy the things that the life gave to us. I bought my house through costa rica homes for sale and i enjoy it every day.

 
At 6/27/2018 11:22:00 PM, Blogger jeje said...

christian louboutin shoes
moncler outlet
issey miyake
christian louboutin outlet
michael kors outlet
jimmy choo outlet
canada goose outlet
pandora jewelry
michael kors
converse shoes

 
At 2/12/2024 04:20:00 PM, Anonymous Cowgirl 326 said...

Thank you for this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home