.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

July 7, 2008

Muscat Love

I have a general policy here of not letting an article by David Karp slip by without linking to it if I can help it. Frequently he'll drop me a line when they come out, or I'll catch them in the New York Times, but sometimes, like this one, one will slip past me... (and yes, I know there's an apricot one out there too...I still need to sit down and read the darn thing).

New Grapes Abound With Old World Flavor

(New York Times)



As I think I may have mentioned in the past, it was the incredible diversity of flavor (and color and shape, too, but mostly flavor) in grapes that really hooked me on fruit breeding and led me into the career I wound up in. It does my heart good to think that a little bit of that diversity is sneaking into supermarkets. Muscat tends to be a love it or hate it prospect--but I'm definitely in the former camp.

And 'Jupiter' is a darn good grape...I'd love to find some locally here.

(There's a grapes RSS feed from the New York Times, too, by the way, in addition to the fruit one I mentioned earlier).
Blogged with the Flock Browser

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7/07/2008 05:22:00 AM, Blogger Megan Lynch said...

Hahahahaha! Best post title EVER.

 
At 7/07/2008 12:06:00 PM, Blogger Evil Fruit Lord said...

I actually chuckled out loud when I wrote it.

 
At 1/26/2017 01:25:00 PM, Blogger Mrs.Irene Query said...

MRS. IRENE QUERY FINANCE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET A LOAN {mrsirenequery@gmail.com}

God bless you Mum, I will not stop telling the world about your kindness in my life, I am a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Mrs.Rachel Alex, and I am from Singapore . A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about MRS.IRENE QUERY FINANCE, that they can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. I have been in a financial mess for the pass 7 months now,She advised I give it a try so I mailed her and explain all about my financial situation to her, she therefore took me through the loan process and gave me a loan of $180,000.00 at a very low interest rate of 3% and today I am a proud business owner and can now take good care of my kids, If you must contact any firm to get any amount of loan you need with a low interest rate of 3% and better repayment schedule, please contact MRS.IRENE QUERY FINANCE via email{mrsirenequery@gmail.com}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home