.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

June 20, 2008

Maybe I should be flattered...

But I'm not. I'm pissed.

Once again, some one is ripping off my entire site, verbatim, pictures and all, and peppering it with ads, without any form of attribution.

So if you're reading this anywhere but thefruitblog.blogspot.com or www.thefruitblog.com, you're reading stolen content. Please do not click on any of the ads--you don't want to give this jerk money.

3 Comments:

At 6/20/2008 07:34:00 AM, Blogger Megan Lynch said...

It seems to me that this must happen reasonably often. I've done searches where I end up at a blog that takes FOREVER to load because it's one loooong page. And there's just something funky about it. Soul-less. I've often suspected the content was scraped from somewhere else. (I've never seen a site ripped off from yours but I've seen others that I've suspected were ripped off from somewhere.) If you have any lawyer friends, a cease-and-desist letter to the domain name owner would be in order.

 
At 6/20/2008 11:03:00 PM, Blogger Evil Fruit Lord said...

Assuming the e-mail address is valid, he has received a cease and desist letter as of last night. The domain registration info is clearly bogus, so I didn't bother with that. I gave him a few days to respond, and then the DMCA take down orders will start flying.

I'm pretty confident I can get Google to kill his Adsense account, thereby ruining any income from the site, and probably delist the site as well. I'd settle for that, but I'm also working on other ways of addressing this.

This is the second time this has happened...the first time the thief made the mistake of also tangling with CandyBlog,who more or less took care of it for me. (Thanks, Cybele! Any ideas on this one, let me know!)

 
At 7/02/2008 06:10:00 PM, Blogger MSS said...

Well, this happens to F&V all the time. I find it mildly annoying, that's all.

It's just spammers looking to increase traffic to their own links. At least in the cases I have seen, the blog looks nothing like my own, so no one would be confused about real authorship.

Anyway, it is good that you are getting ripped off, inasmuch as it means you are blogging again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home