.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

May 26, 2008

Pomegranate Roads

I found a link about this book via our friends at the Agricultural Biodiversity Weblog and thought I would pass it along.

Pomegranate Roads: A Soviet Botanist's Exile from Eden (Floreant Press)

I have a blog dedicated to fruit and science. This is a book about a fruit scientist. Do I get an offer of a review copy? No, instead I get them for dozens of cookbooks about meat. I get offers to review books every few weeks, including promotional offers and possibilities to interview authors, but there really has only been one relevant enough to review here. (And I don't feel like I can ethically accept copies of books I'm not going to review, even though some of the cookbooks look pretty cool.)

In other news, this is the 200th post on the Fruit Blog.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5/28/2008 01:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy to send you a review copy of POmegranate Roads: A Soviet Botanist's Exile from Eden" by Dr. Gregory Levin. what's your mailing address? Best, Barbara Baer, publisher, Floreant Press.

 
At 5/28/2008 02:13:00 AM, Blogger Evil Fruit Lord said...

Barbara--

Thank you very much for the offer! I'm definitely interested in reviewing the book. I've just e-mailed my address to you at the e-mail address provided on the Floreant Press website. If you didn't get it, let me know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home