.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

October 11, 2006

Rome Fruit Show

I just came across this collection of photos of a fruit show in Rome, hosted by the Instituto Sperimentale per la Frutticoltura. Contrary to the name given in the heading and in the accompanying brief article, it's clearly not just a stone fruit show, as there are apple, grapes, etc. My only complaint is that I can't read the tags on many of them, but there are some interesting looking fruits. I like the rather elongated apples...I've seen the trait before in heirlooms, and I'm pleased to see it showing up in modern breeding efforts, although I'm not entirely sure how it'd play with consumers.

Fruit Show Photos via FreshPlaza

(FreshPlaza, by the way, frequently has some interesting stuff on the business side of the fruit world. Not as much my thing as some other aspects, but interesting nonetheless.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home