.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

August 23, 2009

Lanzones?

I was just perusing The Scent of Green Bananas, and came across this:

Name That Fruit!: Lanzones (Scent of Green Bananas)

I have never heard of these things, but I'm intrigued. Anybody know if these are available in the U.S.? Meliaceae is the mahogany family...

TSOGB is basically a food blog, but so fruit intensive that I read it semi-routinely, which is saying something because my tolerance for food blogs wears out pretty fast.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8/25/2009 04:32:00 AM, Blogger Nat said...

Ooh, yeah, these are delicious and refreshing! Like grapefruit or pomelo without any of the bitterness. I had them in Chiang Mai, Thailand and Laos 3 yrs ago and they were so tasty.

I've never seen them in the US, aside from here in Hawaii. Are you in Southern California? I kind of doubt they'd grow there, but check with the folks at the CRFG since they've gotten mangos to grow in SoCal.

BTW, how's your fruit list coming along? Mine has grown to 226 since I moved to Hawaii 6 months ago!

-Nat Bletter

 
At 1/19/2010 08:45:00 AM, Blogger deFarmer 农儿 said...

Hai

Plenty in Malaysia:many types,sweet-sour to both extremes; now its season in kuching, sarawak, malaysia.The plants are also found in Thailand n Indonesia. Some hybrids now- very sweet.

Will show some photos in my blog soon.

 
At 11/28/2011 08:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chiropractor Oak Parkmaritimecollege In the meantime, we can construct two different, although substantially similar, versions of what happened yesterday in Glenmore. Over the next couple of days, I'll write on each of these scenarios.

 
At 1/15/2012 09:49:00 AM, Blogger MANHHIEU said...

Will show some photos in my blog soon.
Rumahben10 games

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home