.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

July 17, 2008

Haskap Breeding at the University of Saskatchewan

A while back I posted a quick blurb on haskap breeding at Oregon State University. The University of Saskatchewan is the other place the America's breeding edible honeysuckle, and here's a PDF describing the program:

Haskap Breeding at the University of Saskatchewan (U of Sask.)

I have something of a soft spot for the University of Saskatchewan, because when I was in graduate school, Lady Evil Fruit and I had a running joke that I was going to wind up at the University of Saskatchewan (not that we had anything against the place, or even knew anything about it, it was just horribly remote and cold, cold, cold). The University of Saskatchewan actually has a pretty decent fruit breeding program, although they seem to be pretty well set without me. (I'm pretty okay with where I wound up).
Blogged with the Flock Browser