.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

June 10, 2006

Yet Another (Itty Bitty) Fruit Blog!

Just got an e-mail from the creator of Fruit Fanatic, so I figured I'd make folks aware of it, even though it's only one little post right at the moment. (It looks suspiciously similar to a certain other blog, but that's what I get for basically using a standard template).

The post (and a concurrent email to me) mentions that he is looking for seeds for Fragaria moschata, but I haven't come up with much. There are a couple of places one can buy actual plants (such as Raintree Nursery) but as far as seeds, the only place that comes to mind is the USDA Germplasm Repository in Corvallis, Oregon, but that probably requires some sort of legitimate research purpose. You could always buy a plant and then collect the seeds, if you have the time. I have one small plant, but it's not fruiting nor particularly healthy (I don't think it likes Florida).

3 Comments:

At 6/11/2006 08:32:00 PM, Blogger Correy said...

Good to see another fruit tree blog starting up. There aren't enough on the web... Yet

 
At 6/12/2006 09:03:00 PM, Blogger fruitfanatic said...

Thanks for responding to my email about the Fragaria moschata seeds. I think I will contact the french site, B and T World Seeds. Thanks also for mentioning my site. I've now changed my template to have a different look from yours. I may even change the name because I would like to write about both fruits and vegetables. Or, I may create a separate vegetable site. Thanks again for creating such an inspiring blog!

 
At 6/12/2006 11:02:00 PM, Blogger Evil Fruit Lord said...

No problem. Thanks for the compliments and good luck with the moschata thing. Let us know how B&T World is to deal with. I've never heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything.

I wasn't at all bothered by the look-alike template, though the new one looks just fine, too. I've toyed with the idea of a major reworking of the template here, but ultimately I'm pretty happy with what I have, and I think it looks decent. I'm just easily bored. I'll probably continue to make incremental changes as I have thus far.

I'll keep checking in on your blog periodically. Feel free to drop by here whenever or pass along any exciting fruit links you come across

 

Post a Comment

<< Home