.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

June 3, 2006

Fruit Science

Probably unnoticed, I added a new feature, a little segment in the sidebar called "Fruit Science". I've linked to articles involving fruit breeding and genetics in the current issues of relevant journals. If you (or your institution) subscribe, you'll often be able to read the whole thing, otherwise you're stuck with just the abstract, which should still be enough to get the major conclusions.

There's sort of a severe space constraint in the sidebar (I could widen it, I hate to start breaking things for people with laptops and small monitors) so the titles aren't real specific sometimes. I've indicated the journal with an abbreviation...I'm sure you can figure thm out.

Articles are chosen because they're current, or I find them interesting, not necessarily because they're earth-shattering, and will be updated on a "whenever I get to it" basis.

I know this sort of stuff has a somewhat limited appeal, but this is the side of fruit that I'm into, so for those of you more interested in eating or growing fruit, feel free to ignore it (I do like those aspects of fruit, too). For those who are interested, I'm always open to suggested additions, and would welcome discussions of the highlighted papers (or any other research) in the largely derelict Fruit Blog Forum

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home