.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

January 17, 2006

New developments

There have been a couple of new developments here I thought I'd point out:

- I've added the Fruit section of Fruits & Votes to the sidebar, since it's the only other fruit blog-like thing I know of out there.

- I've added the Farrago Recent Comments Hack from BloggerHacks. So now, in addition to recent posts, you'll be able to see the most recent comments on current posts down in the sidebar. I'm not entirely psyched about the implementation and may tinker some with it, but I hope folks like it. I hope it'll encourage people to post comments...more dialog would be welcome. (It had some problems earlier, but I think it's fixed...let me know if it does something weird.)

I've kind of been regretting the fact that the emphasis here has so far been so strongly on the "fruit" and not on the "fruit breeding". The problem has been how to do that without getting bogged down too heavily in the scientific, since as far as I can tell most of my readers are non-scientists.

I've been thinking of maybe trying to to do a series of articles, maybe "Fruit Breeding Fridays". I'd start out with some basic genetics (with examples in fruit), and then maybe look at specific traits and crops. Would there be any interest in this? Would it make you never read this blog? I'd still keep the emphasis on the fruit and not on DNA, because that's more or less where my own interests lie as well. And the rest of the posts would continue as they have been.

Anyway, a thought I've been kicking around.

Update: I fixed the messed up Fruits & Votes links above. You'd think at some point I'd learn to check links when I post them. (But you'd be wrong.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1/23/2006 10:57:00 PM, Blogger SUEB0B said...

Oh, sure, maybe I would actually learn something about DNA, unlike in my Cal Poly San Luis Obispo genetics class, where, I swear to you, I learned NOTHING (thanks, professor Stansfield) and still got a C.

Oddly enough, I passed plant breeding, for which the prereq was a C in genetics, with a B, and I seemed to do much better. Maybe it was the practical, hands-on aspect. Maybe it was because my presentation to the class was on chrystanthemum breeding, and my teacher was totally unfamiliar with flowers and had only dealt with food and fiber crops...anyway, yes, post on, EFL!

 
At 1/29/2006 06:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very kind of you to add the link. Thanks!

And why are there not more fruit blogs, anyway? Mine barely qualifies, but I am fairly committed to building up the repretoire on fruit posts in the coming month, as it's looking like it will be a relatively slow month on the "votes" front.

I have a few other links on my right sidebar to blogs that have some fruit-related content, but some are a bit of a streth (i.e., even more than Fruits and Votes).

 
At 10/09/2015 03:09:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

2015-10-09 zhengjx
Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet On Sale
michael kors handbags
cheap jordans
ugg australia
cheap nfl jerseys
Lebron 12,11,10 Shoes For Sale
Louis Vuitton Outlet 100% Authentic
ugg boots
Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Stores Online
canada goose outlet
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Sale
michael kors outlet sale
Coach Factory Outlet Online Sale Discount
canada goose outlet
michael kors outlet online
cheap louis vuitton
Coach Outlet Store Online Clearance
Michael Kors Outlet Online Sale Free Shipping
coach outlet store online
ugg boots
nike outlet,nike shoes,nike store,nike air max,nike free run,air max,nike free,nike blazers
Louis Vuitton Outlet Discount Handbags
cheap ugg boots
hermes birkin
ugg boots
Coach Factory Outlet Discount Online
true religion jeans
nike air max

 
At 7/25/2016 11:34:00 PM, Blogger xjd7410@gmail.com said...

louis vuitton handbags
adidas superstar
adidas wings
oakley vault
michael kors outlet
nike huarache
fitflop sandals
polo outlet
oakley sunglasses
michael kors outlet clearance
coach outlet store online clearances
concord 11
cheap jordans
adidas boost
true religion outlet
coach outlet online
nike outlet
jordan retro 13
true religion jeans
gucci handbags
coach outlet
cheap toms
air jordan 8
beats by dr dre
copy watches
replica watches
burberry handbags
coach outlet clearance
christian louboutin sale
chenyingying2016726

 

Post a Comment

<< Home