.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

March 19, 2007

This is it...

Tomorrow the Evil Fruit Lord either becomes Dr. Evil Fruit Lord, or he becomes Very, Very, Sad Fruit Lord (I don't think that's likely, but it's not my decision). Either way, tomorrow night looks to include a fair amount of beer.

You may have noted that I haven't been very active in the past month. As in at all active. That's because I have been writing a dissertation and preparing for a PhD defense. It's basically eaten up all my free time (as well as my very soul). I'm a rather scary husk of a man at the moment. I do however have a fresh haircut and I've actually shaved, so it basically evens out I guess.

So anyway, wish me luck, if you feel so inclined.

I'll keep you posted.

Update: Success! It was a bit brutal at times, but I'm still here and I've got the signatures. I've still got a ton of revisions, but I'm over the hump.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3/20/2007 09:26:00 AM, Blogger lal:tree said...

Break a leg, man!

 
At 3/20/2007 06:08:00 PM, Blogger Evil Fruit Lord said...

Hey, thanks!

It's all done and I'm still here and in one piece...I've got tons of revisions, but that's finite, and I've got all the signatures. It was pretty brutal (the exit seminar went well, though, I thought).

 
At 3/21/2007 09:39:00 PM, Blogger Megan Lynch said...

Congratulations, Dr. Evil Fruit Lord!!

 
At 4/04/2007 04:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write some IF about the whole process!

Now I must do WORD VERIFICATION. Joy!

 
At 4/15/2007 08:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, that's the great thing about beer (well, OK, one of many). It serves well for either outcome in such a rite of passage.

But given that it has now been almost a month and you have not come back to post, I fear you had a bit too much beer. And I am not sure how to interpret that as to the outcome of said rite.

(OK, now I have read the other comments. Congrats, Doctor EFL!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home