.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

July 9, 2006

Free Saskatoon Book

One of the best things about the internet is the proliferation of free books out there. It's allowed long out of print books to remain available and obscure titles to be easily obtained. When working with minor fruits, it usually happens that some of the best references are either out of print or small run, self-published endeavors. I published a link a few months back to such a book on American persimmon (Diospyros virginiana).

Today I came across a link to PDFs of a great book on saskatoons (Amelanchier sp.):

Growing Saskatoons - A Manual for Orchardists
by Richard St. Pierre (via Chris Rice on the NAFEX list)

I'm thinking of putting together a list of all the relevant online books I've come across, as the number seems to be increasing exponentially. (I'd welcome any tips).

(By the way, I'm posting this via a Blogger Dashboard widget on my new MacBook. We'll see how it works. I don't like not having a preview...)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home