.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

April 24, 2005

I'm back!

I'd like to say "and better than ever", but that's probably being overly optimistic. I am, however, more or less recovered from the horrible malady that had me in its grips for several weeks. Actually I've been mostly recovered for a week (12 pounds lighter, I might add), but I've been milking the whole sick excuse while I deal with finals and a weekend at the in-laws. Finals are not yet over, but I'm back from the in-laws (with all my luggage, despite USAirways best efforts to the contrary). I still have three papers and a presentation due before I'm done with the semester, though, so I'm going to hold off on any big entries until then. Look for one maybe Tuesday. Feel free to bug me if I don't follow through on that offer.

I'd also like to say thanks to all the folks that sent me get well wishes. While some of you folks have left comments in the past, for the most part, the only evidence I have that I'm not just typing into the void is the slowly advancing hit counter, and its hard not to wonder sometimes how many of those folks who wander here from Google searches or random Blogger links show up, mutter something along the lines of "What the heck is this crap?" and wander off, never to return. The number of well-wishing e-mails I've gotten has been amazing, enough to make me all gooey and sentimental, if Evil Fruit Lords were prone to such things (we're not). I've also seen a steady increase in the amount of traffic, probably in part due to the fact that two of you, Suebob of Snackish and Stephanie of The Daily Vegetable, have been kind enough to link to this site on their own very-worth-visiting sites. While I'd initially told my self I was only going to put strictly fruit-related links in the sidebar, these are great sites and nice people, so I'm making an exception.

Anyway, look for a resumption of real posting later this week, and wish me well on my papers and presentation (QTL mapping in polyploids...fun!). I'll see you soon.

7 Comments:

At 4/25/2005 12:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you well on your papers and presentation... and thanks very much for the mention! (Glad you're feeling better.)

Stephanie
http://thedailyvegetable.com

 
At 4/25/2005 08:03:00 PM, Blogger Evil Fruit Lord said...

One paper and two-thirds of another down. Thanks for the good vibes.

 
At 5/01/2005 01:19:00 AM, Blogger Suebob said...

12 pounds lighter? When I get sick like that, I am always torn between being horrified at how bad I feel and being gleeful at the weight loss...but then again I am pretty fat.

Glad to see you are back among the living.

 
At 5/01/2005 04:47:00 PM, Blogger Evil Fruit Lord said...

I'm actually still losing weight. I'm now down to the weight I was at when I finished college (okay, I'm still in college, but I mean the first time), which is both encouraging and a little scary. I feel fine, but for some reason my appetite hasn't come back at all, and I've taken to sometimes ordering kids' portions when we go out to eat, which just feels weird (though preferable to leaving half my food uneaten).

The presentation is done, as well as two of the three papers, and the last paper is now 80% finished (I'm supposed to be working on it right now, but instead I'm scouring my books for medlar references.)

 
At 10/09/2015 03:21:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

2015-10-09 zhengjx
Ralph Lauren UK Sale Polo Shirts
ugg boots
Up To 70% Off Air Retro Jordan 8s
coach factory outlet
Cheap Toms Shoes Outlet Sale Clearance
Louis Vuitton Handbags Factory Outlet
Michael Kors Outlet USA Store
Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Online
Air Jordan 4 Retro Free Shipping
coach outlet online
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton
Official Cheap Michael Kors Handbags Outlet
New Jordans Cheap For Sale
ralph lauren uk
tory burch outlet
ugg boots
ray-ban sunglasses
Michael Kors Outlet Stores Online
ugg boots
louis vuitton outlet
ugg boots
louis vuitton outlet
canada goose jackets
michael kors outlet
cheap uggs sale
toms shoes
canada goose jackets
uggs outlet
michael kors outlet

 
At 12/30/2015 01:01:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

north face, nike roshe, vans pas cher, replica handbags, air force, timberland, lululemon, sac longchamp, ralph lauren pas cher, vanessa bruno, hollister pas cher, true religion jeans, air jordan pas cher, true religion jeans, nike huarache, hermes, true religion outlet, hollister, michael kors, nike air max, michael kors, nike blazer, michael kors, ralph lauren uk, longchamp pas cher, hogan, lacoste pas cher, true religion jeans, nike trainers, mulberry, michael kors, nike free, oakley pas cher, louboutin pas cher, longchamp, north face, nike roshe run, coach outlet, new balance pas cher, ray ban uk, ray ban pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, tn pas cher, nike air max, sac guess, nike air max, air max, burberry, converse pas cher, nike free run uk, coach purses

 
At 12/30/2015 01:06:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

links of london, moncler, ugg pas cher, sac louis vuitton pas cher, moncler, louis vuitton, bottes ugg, canada goose, moncler, pandora charms, marc jacobs, canada goose, supra shoes, karen millen, canada goose outlet, barbour, doke gabbana outlet, montre pas cher, canada goose, pandora jewelry, hollister, pandora charms, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, moncler, coach outlet, pandora jewelry, doudoune canada goose, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, ugg boots uk, barbour jackets, louis vuitton, moncler, toms shoes, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, replica watches, swarovski, moncler outlet, canada goose, swarovski crystal, lancel, moncler, wedding dresses, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, moncler, converse outlet
ninest123 12.30

 

Post a Comment

<< Home