.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Fruit Blog Header.jpg
APPLES - BRAMBLES - CITRUS - GRAPES - NUTS - PAWPAWS - PEARS - PERSIMMONS - STONE FRUITS - STRAWBERRIES - FORUM

Cherimoya
My cherimoya, shortly before it became smoothie fodder.

Archive of past images




AppleBorovinka


Chinquapin

Recent Cultivar Releases
Pomegranate

Current Work in Pomology

StrawbParkerEarle


QuinceBourgeat


Atom Feed

Powered by Blogger

Add to Technorati Favorites

March 1, 2005

Behold, the Fruit Blog

This marks the beginning of the cleverly titled "Fruit Blog".

My intent here is to create a forum for the discussion of fruit: breeding, culture, even eating and preparing on occasion. It'll feature my own thoughts on the subject, and probably relevant links whenever I find them.

I have unsuccessfully started a handful of blogs and blog-like entities in the past, just talking about my life and what's going on in it. The biggest problem is that most of my life isn't that interesting, and many of the parts that are I have no real desire to share with strangers. But the stuff I work with is pretty cool, and that's fruit. That may not sound interesting to everyone...but if you're some one it doesn't sound interesting to, you might as well stop reading now.

A bit about me: I'm a PhD student, working in strawberry genetics. Over the past decade, I've worked in conjuction with a couple of different breeding programs, working with strawberries, blackberries, grapes, peaches, and blueberries. With any luck (and a few more years of beating my brains out in grad school) I'd like to become a fruit breeder at a public institution somewhere. Fingers crossed.

Anyhow, hope that's an adequate introduction. I'll follow up with posts with actual interesting information soon.

3 Comments:

At 6/10/2006 08:23:00 AM, Blogger fruitfanatic said...

Hello,
I am looking for a seed source for Fragaria moschata. I found a site in France: http://www.b-and-t-world-seeds.com/letters.htm , but I am hesitant to give them my credit card number (and 3 digit security code!) Does anyone know of any other sources?

 
At 1/06/2011 08:24:00 PM, Blogger Bill said...

I've been planting a 1/2 acre fruit arboretum in eastern central North Dakota for the past 5 years. Anyone know of any zone 3 blackberries or where to find Manitou Highbush Cranberry, or a named Trebizond date variety (eleagnus sp)?

 
At 5/21/2019 11:47:00 PM, Blogger yanmaneee said...

louboutin shoes
curry 6
yeezy shoes
vapormax
fitflops sale clearance
yeezy boost 350 v2
golden goose
timberland boots
supreme new york
yeezy boost 350 v2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home